Monday, September 30, 2013

A Skip Counting and Fancy Nancy Vocabulary Apple Harvest


I decided to slip in a couple of last apple themed lessons for my youngest, before turning the page on the calendar to pumpkins and the like.  It was super simple with the help of a "count by fives" apple printable from Doodle Bugs, which I cut out and paper clipped to our fall leaf list tree...


...for C to harvest and place out in order on the table, as she counted by 5s.


Then, I reset the tree for a Fancy Nancy vocabulary, pick and match-up, activity using an apple template from dltk-kids.com, modified in Paint to add the vocabulary words...


...and their definitions from...


...the back of Jane O'Connor's Fancy Nancy Apples Galore.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

4 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love your tree, and I suspect you plan a lot more learning fun with it :)

Ticia said...

I love it! I've been thinking about making a tree or something in my hallway.

Christy Killoran said...

Brilliant, as usual!

Anonymous said...

My daughter adores fancy Nancy! This activity looks perfect for her thanks for sharing!