Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Last Minute Valentine's Toys for Children

I don't know about your children, but mine love popping bubble wrap. So, when I was looking around for a last minute toy, or game to stick into their chair backers for this morning, I turned the recycle bin, rather than to the cheep plastic trinkets in the Valentine's aisles of the local stores.

The toys there are flashy and cute, but don't last any longer, or grant broader grins than these hearts, cut from old padded envelopes, will.


I traced around a large, heart shaped cookie cutter on the outside of the envelope, and cut through both sides of the envelope at once, giving me two hearts at a time, and making the whole process very fast and easy. The trick is to leave the envelope backing on the hearts. It helps keep the bubbles intact, but does not interfere with the popping fun.

And yes, I tried it out for myself with the left over scraps. The children aren't the only ones who enjoy popping bubble wrap around here.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

8 comments:

LearningIdeasGradesk-8 said...

Great idea and soooooo much fun! Happy Valentine's Day!
Marcia :)

Christy Killoran said...

LOVE it!!!! I like to pop the bubbles too; we especially like jumping on a big sheet of bubble wrap.

Phyllis said...

That is way cute! Yes, all us kids love bubble wrap!

Unknown said...

Poppable fun is not stoppable!

LeeanneA said...

Who wouldn't love to pop the bubbles - great idea!

Amy Dingmann said...

I don't know if I have ever met a person who doesn't get sucked into popping bubble wrap. ;) Great idea!

Debbie said...

I love this! Selena would be in heaven!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Love it! What an awesome idea to reuse old envelopes. We all love popping bubble wrap too.