Monday, August 15, 2011

Paper Plate Weaving - Flowers


C (age 5), came home from Sunday school yesterday, with a partially completed craft, she was calling a flower. She was happy, with the help of her older sisters, to finish it up this morning, and to show E (age 6) how to make one, as well.

The first step was to cut slits around the edge of a paper plate, to make petals...


...then to weave pieces of string, back and forth, through the slits, to cover the petals...


...taping the loose ends, at the beginning and end, to the back to the plates.


I'm not entirely convinced they look like flowers, but I'm definitely going to be calling C's Sunday school teacher to thank her for the fun craft idea...


...and the nice Bible lesson, to start off our week.


For more Bible themed crafts, projects, and ideas, don't forget to click over to Bible Alive! Tuesday link-up hosted by The Fantastic Five, tomorrow.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Ticia said...

Our library did something similar with paper plates, but we went across the middle to make spider webs. My kids thought that was the coolest thing ever.

Now, I'm off to look up that verse.

Phyllis said...

It turned out beautifully. I love the verse in the center as well.

Christy Killoran said...

Very nice craft!

Debbie said...

This is such a cute idea. I must remember this craft!

MARGARETE said...

Very nice craft. I think I will try this with my girls.