Friday, July 8, 2011

Rock with Chalk


I was flipping through Klutz's sidewalk chalk book, Chalk the Block, while killing time in a bookstore, the other day. There were quite a few clever ideas, but the one that caught my eye, was incorporating rocks into chalk drawings.


I don't know why that has never occurred to me before. As I'm fond of saying, the Rockies didn't get their name by accident.


Our yard, garden, and flower beds are full of rocks.


We had a fabulous time adding them to our chalk drawings.


Thank you, you strange, but creative folks at Klutz. I think I love you.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

April said...

That is a cute idea!

Christy Killoran said...

I love Klutz too! I have never thought to do this either - looks like fun!

Phyllis said...

That ROCKS!!

Ticia said...

Oh! I bet that was so much fun, and we could supply quite a few rocks from our backyard to do this......

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Very nice idea. We tried another of your ideas of drawing with slightly melted crayons outside this weekend, and it was a big hit.